Monday, January 14, 2013

Visiting Sylvia

One of the highlights of my visits to Seattle is always visiting Sylvia and her family. I had the pleasure of taking care of Sylvia for about eight months in 2010, just prior to my move to San Diego, and I'm so happy that I can continue to be a part of her life from afar. It's amazing how six or so months can go by between visits and yet it always feels like we begin just where we left off. Although we're not actually related, I definitely feel like she (and the rest of her family) are part of my family too.

Micah and I arrived in Seattle around 1 p.m. on December 23 and drove straight to Sylvia's house. She greeted me at the door with open arms and a great big hug! Micah carried Emma (our pug) into the house and we introduced the two. They quickly became best friends and Emma, as usual, made herself feel right at home. 

Here are my favorite photos from our visit:

Sylvia and Emma

Sylvia's little brother, Clifford. Sylvia took this
photo herself.

She's so funny!

Giggles!

She still loves my hair!

I wish I knew what she was looking
at but her expression is great!

So sweet!

Love her!

Hugs!

Kisses!

Emma had to join the picture too!

Our funny photo.

Micah and Sylvia's funny photo.

After visiting for a few hours and catching up with her parents, it was time to hit the road again and complete our journey to Snohomish. Looking forward to seeing Sylvia in the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment