Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Busy Week

The past five days have been a blur...and I don't see things slowing down much before Christmas. I honestly don't have the time to even write this blog but I'm afraid if I don't, I'll get out of the habit again and bye-bye blog. So here I am...and here's a quick summary of the last few days.

Friday: It was Disneyland day! It's been my and Micah's tradition for the past three years to spend a day at Disneyland admiring all the holiday decorations. It was my intention to write a full blog post on this day but with the craziness of life right now, I don't see that happening. Instead, here's the short version. 

We arrived at Disneyland around 1 PM, which was about three hours later than I had intended. The parking garage was oddly full for a Friday afternoon and we had to park at the Anaheim Convention Center and take a bus to the park. That was a new experience.



We spent the majority of the day wandering through the parks. Thanks to our annual passes, we don't feel rushed to squeeze everything into a day and can actually sit back and just people watch. We rode a few rides, finished some Christmas shopping and watched the fireworks show. All in all, a pretty successful day.

Saturday: This was a hurry up and wait day. We went to Micah's annual National Guard Christmas Party (which isn't really much of a party) in the afternoon. Since it was technically his drill day too, we were stuck on the guard's schedule...and let me tell you, they suck at scheduling! For an institution that is so strict with punctuality, you'd think they could create a schedule and stick to it. Nope! We arrived at the armory around 11:30, thinking that the event would start around noon. It was after 2 by the time the speeches started and by the time we ate (it was catered by Marie Calender's), the food was only lukewarm. 

I'm not a huge fan of the guard to begin with...nothing against them personally but I don't like Micah being a part of it. And it's partially because of things like this. I hate how they think they can just control your life and make you rearrange your schedule on a whim. So making small talk with the guys in charge as they thanked me for my support was difficult. While in my head I was telling them off for all the crap they've pulled in the last year, outwardly I had to just smile, nod and bite my tongue.

Sunday: Oh Sunday, fun day! We started with a brunch at Cafe Merlot in the Rancho Bernardo Winery. It was a nice, leisurely brunch with multiple courses. We started with a cheese plate and a couple glasses of champagne. By the time our sandwiches arrived, we were already stuffed from all the cheese, fruit and crackers! Then we had an apple strudel for dessert, which was amazing!


After a three-hour babysitting job with a 4-year-old girl and her pug (!!!), Micah and I headed to the movies to see "Wreck It Ralph." The movie was surprisingly great! After seeing the previews, I wasn't sold on it but we had movie tickets that were expiring and it was the only thing out that seemed doable. But the movie definitely won me over. It was cute and entertaining and I'd watch it again!

The beginning of this week has been busy with work, wrapping Christmas presents and Taco Tuesday. 

Tonight is the Yelp Christmas Party and I hope to have some time tomorrow to write a blog about it. Crossing my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment